Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I suppose a topic like this is all good an orginal. This will be the place to discuss important Granaboardian matters. So, the Granaboardian council will now debate the first bill:

<u>Ban emoticons on the Granaboard</u>
    Proposed by One Classy Bloke

My reason for this is that some members tend to abuse them. Plus the MSN emoticons annoy the hell out of me. So i would like to see a banning of all the graphic emoticons.

An alternative option is they be replaced with something a little more interesting.

<font color="#345E81" size="1">[ February 03, 2005 06:45 PM: Message edited by: -Wiseman- ]</font>

Senior Hostboard Member Dreamer7000's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Nice Topic Idea.

Altho I don't use much emoticons, and use "manga emotions" more, I recommend we would keep those, since it makes the bored a bit more colorful, if you know what I mean. I say we should keep them. [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

Senior Hostboard Member Hell Knight's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hm, can we keep at least the devil one OBB? ^_^

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yeah, the emoticons are fugly as hell, but nor eason to ban them, as long as not used in excess.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Do you mean those "instant graemlins?" that are from MSN messenger or things like ^_^;; this. Sorry dunno which one you are talking about

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Sounds like fun. Who's the Granaboard Council BTW? All vets (ppl from before Hostboard)? (Of course everybody should have voice anyways.)

?????

My position on OCB's issue: Ban emoticons on the Granaboard:
    ? Personally, I think the MSN emoticons suck; I do post smileys when I feel they add useful information to my text, but I try to remember to disable the checkbox so no graphic emoticons will show. I would disable them for my account but I can't. I can't disable them for the whole board either, although I don't know if I'd do that (I'd open a poll, I really don't care). But if they're staying, I don't think we should mod posts with emoticons. We could, however, ask people to not use them in the Granaboard Code of Honor. How about this?
    (Same as Xellos'.)

IRT Beat-chan: Yes, we mean the graphic ones, not the text smileys like ^_^ or :-] .

<font color="#345E81" size="1">[ February 03, 2005 06:52 PM: Message edited by: -Wiseman- ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The board emoticons? What about all the good times had with them, the little stories you could tell with them, I remember when Hyper first came here he did something with them that I thught was hilarious, I think it went something like this:

" [img]graemlins/cat.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/dog.gif[/img] Even the cat and the dog are reading the posts"

I laughed at that for a good 5 minutes and I still think its funny.

However, I do believe that CERTAIN emoticons should be banned. I propose that the emoticons that move, the animated ones, because those are the ones that cause actual "annoyance" right?

Senior Hostboard Member Cataferal's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I personally dont think any of them are a particular nuisance, mainly because the majority of us either use them sparingly, or not at all. If they were to go i doubt we'd really mind; however, it is nice to just have the option to use them, provided its in good taste or appropriate context.

Senior Hostboard Member Dreamer7000's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yeah, I remember those things as well. ^_^ It was quite fun, and I still say let1s keep them. (This topic will have the most emoticons xD)
    The [img]graemlins/cat.gif[/img] and the [img]graemlins/dog.gif[/img] says [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

Inactive Member One Classy Bloke's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

" (removed for too many emoticons) Even the cat and the dog are reading the posts"

For 5 minutes? What the hell are you like when you watch a comedy?!

Right, this is a funny story using emoticons.

"I decided to be a [img]graemlins/soccer.gif[/img] yob, but i got [img]graemlins/handcuffs.gif[/img] . In the jail i got raped [img]redface.gif[/img] by a [img]graemlins/guy.gif[/img] named Jeff. I [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 'd it."

But seriously, all emoticons piss me off. Mainly because of the Europeans. The other day, i was talking to this Swedish guy, seriously depressed and whining about how we are destroying the world. I can put up with that shit, except he used the grining emoticon as full stops. Here's an example.

"id say fuck mankind .. and let some specie that we havent already made extinct try to have a better chance [img]smile.gif[/img] "

See what i mean? They are fucking stupid and like a plague for our minds, just like 4chan, Turkey and british tabloids.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast